To support students and their families who are feeling challenged with the rising costs of living, the Ministry of Education and Child Care has provided the North Vancouver School District with one-time targeted, special grant funding through the 2022-2023 Student and Family Affordability Fund. Unspent funds will be carried over into the 2023-2024 school year for principals to waive fees and provide supports to students experiencing financial challenge as noted below.
Funding support available
Funding support is meant to offset increased cost of living expenses and will be allocated toward school-related expenses incurred during the 2022-2023 school year.
- School fees (e.g., fees for school sports and other school activities)
- School/course supplies, such as:
- Basic school supplies that may otherwise be purchased by families and students, such as pens, paper, etc.
- Additional supplies for shop, culinary and craft classes, workbooks, camps, one-day field trips, cultural events, student society meetings including those related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, and instrument and equipment fees.
- Clothing/footwear required for school sports or other school activities
- Basic necessities
- Athletic wear (for school athletics)
- One-day field trips